Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious recipe from the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fry pork or bacon; pour off most of the fat and arrange slices over the bottom of the frying pan.
- Beat egg yolk and sugar until light.
- Combine flour and pepper; add alternately with milk to the egg yolks, beating to make a smooth batter.
- Fol in stiffly-beaten egg whites.
- Pour batter over fried pork or bacon and bake for ten minutes; reduce temperature to 350F and bake until mixture is set in center, about 10 to 20 minutes.
This is really, really good, drizzle with honey or real maple syrup, or just a little powered sugar, YUM !