1/1 Photo of Flax Meal Cinnamon Muffins - South Beach
This is a good way to introduce flaxmeal into your diet. These muffins are also Phase II appropriate for the South Beach Diet, just be sure to count this toward your daily nut/seed allowance. Believe me, when you have been craving bread, these muffins taste like heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Beat together eggs, oil, syrup, water and vanilla. Set aside.
- 3In small bowl, combine flaxmeal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 4Slowly stir dry ingredients into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 5Spoon batter into 10 well-greased muffin tins.
- 6Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and seem set to the touch.
- 7Remove from muffin pan immediately and allow to cook on rack.
- 8Store in refrigerator. (Can be frozen if desired.).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flax Meal Cinnamon Muffins - South Beach
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 135.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: