This is a good way to introduce flaxmeal into your diet. These muffins are also Phase II appropriate for the South Beach Diet, just be sure to count this toward your daily nut/seed allowance. Believe me, when you have been craving bread, these muffins taste like heaven!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat together eggs, oil, syrup, water and vanilla. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flaxmeal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon batter into 10 well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and seem set to the touch.
- Remove from muffin pan immediately and allow to cook on rack.
- Store in refrigerator. (Can be frozen if desired.).