This is a good way to introduce flaxmeal into your diet. These muffins are also Phase II appropriate for the South Beach Diet, just be sure to count this toward your daily nut/seed allowance. Believe me, when you have been craving bread, these muffins taste like heaven!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat together eggs, oil, syrup, water and vanilla. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flaxmeal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon batter into 10 well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and seem set to the touch.
- Remove from muffin pan immediately and allow to cook on rack.
- Store in refrigerator. (Can be frozen if desired.).
These were very good! I used apple sauce instead of syrup since I didn't have sugar-free, I also marbled in about 1/3 cup of all natural peanut butter (of course I made lightly smaller servings b/c of this). I do regret not having the syrup b/c I believe the muffin was a little too dry even with apple sauce which typically works pretty well. However, I def. suggest anyone try the swirl of peanut butter, its excellent! Good recipe!
Maybe these are an acquired taste, but I couldn't even eat more than one bite. Disappointing as I was hoping for a good cinnamon-y flavor, but I think the flax overwhelms the rest. :(
These were very good and easy to make. Definitely took care of the bread craving. Thanks.