Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These delicious, nutritious pancakes are a real treat for low-carbers, quick and easy to make. I adapted this recipe from another website: lowcarbfriends.com. Add to the basic recipe with a few chopped nuts, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc., but remember that they will add some carbs to the whole count, which is under 10 for the entire recipe of more than 8 pancakes.
- Grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder, making approximately 1/4 cup of meal.
- Add baking powder, protein powder, salt and sweetner to the meal.
- In a separate small bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla and heavy cream.
- Pour into the meal mixture and blend thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- Heat griddle to medium heat; melt butter or coconut oil, and drop pancakes by quarter cups full. Turn when bubble appear on top of pancake, cooking for just a minute more.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.
Tasty pancakes. Like another reviewer, I also reduced the eggs because I agree the batter would have been too thin. I encountered one problem, the pancakes fell apart when I flipped them, perhaps because of the reduction in eggs. Next time I'll add something to help them bind together, maybe a little Guar Gum.
Thank you for putting a flax recipe up that doesn't have flour. I don't know how many "flax bread" recipes I've clicked on to find out the bread was mostly wheat, and barely flax. Thank you!
I only used 2 eggs in this recipe. I think if I had of used 3 it the batter would have been too thin. I liked them, but they would be better, if they would have been more puffy. The taste was very pleasant. I will keep the recipe, and still look for another.