These delicious, nutritious pancakes are a real treat for low-carbers, quick and easy to make. I adapted this recipe from another website: lowcarbfriends.com. Add to the basic recipe with a few chopped nuts, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc., but remember that they will add some carbs to the whole count, which is under 10 for the entire recipe of more than 8 pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder, making approximately 1/4 cup of meal.
- 2Add baking powder, protein powder, salt and sweetner to the meal.
- 3In a separate small bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla and heavy cream.
- 4Pour into the meal mixture and blend thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- 5Heat griddle to medium heat; melt butter or coconut oil, and drop pancakes by quarter cups full. Turn when bubble appear on top of pancake, cooking for just a minute more.
- 6Serve with your favorite syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Flax Seed Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 358.0 mg
- Sodium 560.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: