Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These delicious, nutritious pancakes are a real treat for low-carbers, quick and easy to make. I adapted this recipe from another website: lowcarbfriends.com. Add to the basic recipe with a few chopped nuts, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc., but remember that they will add some carbs to the whole count, which is under 10 for the entire recipe of more than 8 pancakes.
- Grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder, making approximately 1/4 cup of meal.
- Add baking powder, protein powder, salt and sweetner to the meal.
- In a separate small bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla and heavy cream.
- Pour into the meal mixture and blend thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- Heat griddle to medium heat; melt butter or coconut oil, and drop pancakes by quarter cups full. Turn when bubble appear on top of pancake, cooking for just a minute more.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.