Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This bread is different and delicious! It's very satisfying, and fabulous toasted or with a little sun-dried tomato pesto or roasted red pepper pesto.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grind nuts in a cuisinart or food processor one third at a time.
- In a medium bowl, mix together nuts, egg yolks, sea salt, garlic powder, and parsley flakes.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1/4 of the beaten egg whites into the nut mixture.
- Fold the remaining egg whites into the nut mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased jelly roll baking pan and gently spread it evenly over the pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- After it cools, cut into bread-size slices.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover slices using waxed paper in between slices to prevent sticking.