I got this recipe from a bed and breakfast. It is very rich, moist and custardy and is very versatile. I added fresh basil but any herb could be used. Chopped ham would also be good in this casserole.
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, small curd
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Beat together the eggs, milk and sugar. Add the cheeses, butter and basil.
- Mix well then add the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for approximately 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.