Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These scrumptious muffins are not the best for you... but they're worth it!
Make and share this French Breakfast Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease muffin pans.
- Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, and egg.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add in milk and stir.
- Fill muffin pan to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While muffins are baking, mix coating sugar and cinnamon.
- Immediately after baking, roll muffins in melted butter and then in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Serve hot.
Just made these!! HELLO...YUMMY!!!! These are amazing. I followed the recipe but added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter. I melted the butter for topping in a bowl and once the muffins came out I swirled them in the butter and then tossed 2 at a time in a baggie with the sugar mixture. I made them as mini muffins so they were more bite-size. :) Definite keeper!!!
These are SOOOO good! My husband is a Drill Instructor for the Marine Corps and he loves to take these to work for a quick bite! I used muffin papers and only rolled the tops in the butter and sugar mixture. Yummy! Thanks for a great recipe!