Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are really good and make a great snack. My mom gave me this recipe to try and we agree it 's a keeper. You could substitute different fruit if you'd like with these. This is a double recipe that I use. I didn't use the walnuts when I made this.
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 -2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix the strawberries and 4T. sugar together. Let them sit for about 15 minutes until they have juices.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the bananas, eggs, oil, 2c. sugar, strawberries, and lemon zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones until they are combined, but don't over mix. Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Strawberries, bananas, blueberries - this is the taste of summer in a muffin! I made half of the recipe and did not use the walnuts. My muffins came out big, light and moist - just wonderful - thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009