These are really good and make a great snack. My mom gave me this recipe to try and we agree it 's a keeper. You could substitute different fruit if you'd like with these. This is a double recipe that I use. I didn't use the walnuts when I made this.
- Mix the strawberries and 4T. sugar together. Let them sit for about 15 minutes until they have juices.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the bananas, eggs, oil, 2c. sugar, strawberries, and lemon zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones until they are combined, but don't over mix. Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Strawberries, bananas, blueberries - this is the taste of summer in a muffin! I made half of the recipe and did not use the walnuts. My muffins came out big, light and moist - just wonderful - thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009