Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have not personally tried this recipe (yet!) but it sounds good!
Make and share this Friendship Bread (with pudding) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup friendship active starter
- 3⁄4 cup oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (dry)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly grease two loaf pans& sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired- set aside.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly& pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- **Trysubstituting different flavors of pudding to vary the flavor of the bread.
- May also need to adjust spice, as cinnamon may not be good with other pudding flavors.
I have made this recipe many times and it is absolutely delicious. I even add different fruits such as blueberries or bananas or apples or whatever sounds good at the time!
This is a great recipe! The "original" friendship bread recipe is a real sugar bomb, so I love that this one has no additional sugar added except for whats in the pudding. I subbed half the oil for non-fat yogurt and that worked well. So far I have made it as written with vanilla pudding, and I have also made it with chocolate fudge pudding, subbing chocolate chips for the nuts, and also with butterscotch pudding, using butterscotch chips. All really good.
Using 1/2 c of bulk 'orange dream' pudding, this came out fantastic! It is really more like the texture of a cake and would probably make terrific cupcakes. Will also try making one super large loaf in the super large loaf pan! Thank you for posting.