Delicious. Like spiced pumpkin pie - in the Fall - in Hawaii - with cheesecake on top? What could be better?
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, reserved from pineapple chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup Laughing Cow cheese
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease muffin tins.
- Puree pineapple chunks, canned pumpkin, honey and cream cheese in blender or food processor until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine puree, vanilla, pineapple juice, eggs, milk and margarine.
- In a different bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and ground cardamom; add to the pumpkin puree until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan until muffin pan is 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- FROSTING (Optional): Mix together all ingredients to taste with the powdered sugar (start with 1-1/2 cups, then add up to additional 1/2 cup to desired sweetness). If frosting is too thick, add more milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency has been reached. When muffins have cooled completely, ice them with frosting.
I suppose I could write a lot more about these if my fingers could stay out of them. ;) Delicious! Extremely moist & the perfect balance between pumpkin & pineapple. I made a couple changes as follows: Used 2% milk, butter instead of margarine & cream cheese in the frosting instead of Laughing Cow. I normally wouldn't change a contest ingredient but I really wanted to try these & because there were 5 other qualifying ingredients I felt I could get away with it on this. I also topped them off with a bit of grapefruit zest. Thanks for sharing your creation! Made for RSC Lucky #13.
These are very moist muffins almost like cupcakes. Whatever you do, makethe frosting. It really sets the muffins over the top! I'm embarrassed to say I ate two for lunch, and I enjoyed every mouthful. I had a bit of a problem incorporating the softened butter, but that could be because I used butter instead of margarine. Thank you for your creation chef!