1/2 Photos of Frosted Hawaiian Harvest Muffins
30 hrs 15 mins
Delicious. Like spiced pumpkin pie - in the Fall - in Hawaii - with cheesecake on top? What could be better?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, reserved from pineapple chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F; grease muffin tins.
- 2Puree pineapple chunks, canned pumpkin, honey and cream cheese in blender or food processor until smooth.
- 3In large bowl, combine puree, vanilla, pineapple juice, eggs, milk and margarine.
- 4In a different bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and ground cardamom; add to the pumpkin puree until just moistened.
- 5Spoon batter into muffin pan until muffin pan is 3/4 of the way full.
- 6Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- 7FROSTING (Optional): Mix together all ingredients to taste with the powdered sugar (start with 1-1/2 cups, then add up to additional 1/2 cup to desired sweetness). If frosting is too thick, add more milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency has been reached. When muffins have cooled completely, ice them with frosting.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Hawaiian Harvest Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Laughing Cow cheese