1/2 Photos of Frosted Hawaiian Harvest Muffins
30 hrs 15 mins
Delicious. Like spiced pumpkin pie - in the Fall - in Hawaii - with cheesecake on top? What could be better?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, reserved from pineapple chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F; grease muffin tins.
- 2Puree pineapple chunks, canned pumpkin, honey and cream cheese in blender or food processor until smooth.
- 3In large bowl, combine puree, vanilla, pineapple juice, eggs, milk and margarine.
- 4In a different bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and ground cardamom; add to the pumpkin puree until just moistened.
- 5Spoon batter into muffin pan until muffin pan is 3/4 of the way full.
- 6Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- 7FROSTING (Optional): Mix together all ingredients to taste with the powdered sugar (start with 1-1/2 cups, then add up to additional 1/2 cup to desired sweetness). If frosting is too thick, add more milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency has been reached. When muffins have cooled completely, ice them with frosting.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Hawaiian Harvest Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Laughing Cow cheese