1/3 Photos of Garlic Mashed Potato Pancakes
A great way to use leftover potatoes! From Cat Cora, iron chef on food network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- 2Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3While the potatoes are cooking, heat the butter in a medium skillet. When melted, add the garlic. Cook over low heat just until the garlic starts to turn light golden brown. Take care not to burn the butter. Take the pan off the heat and set aside to cool.
- 4When the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, drain them and return them to the pot. The residual heat will help the excess water evaporate. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a ricer. Gradually add the milk until the potatoes are the desired consistency. Stir in the butter and garlic mixture, add the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Form the mixture into pancake patties. Place in skillet with 1 teaspoons oil or butter and cook on each side for about 1 to 2 minutes over medium-high heat, until a bit crisped on both sides.
- 6Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mashed Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.7
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 1808.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g