1/6 Photos of German Farmer's Breakfast
This is a hearty one-dish meal, the perfect comfort food for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Quick to make if you cook the potatoes the night before. or you can microwave them at the last minute, but that changes the consistency a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a good-sized frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- 3Pour bacon grease out of pan and add butter.
- 4Saute onion until soft.
- 5Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- 6Chop or crumble the bacon.
- 7In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and milk.
- 8Pour egg mixture over onions and potatoes and add bacon pieces.
- 9Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Farmer's Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.9 mg
- Sodium 314.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g