This is a hearty one-dish meal, the perfect comfort food for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Quick to make if you cook the potatoes the night before. or you can microwave them at the last minute, but that changes the consistency a bit.
- In a good-sized frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Pour bacon grease out of pan and add butter.
- Saute onion until soft.
- Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- Chop or crumble the bacon.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over onions and potatoes and add bacon pieces.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set.
I made this recipe on 3/23/12 for two events, " Peppercorns~Black Pepper Event " in the Food Photo Forum & the " More Than Sauerkraut & Dumplings Event " in the German Forum.Except for cutting the recipe down to just one serving,the recipe was made exactly as it was written. This reminds me so much of what my Mom( who was of German Heritage ) would come up with. )And I have to tell you," It was very good and will certainly be made again." Thank so much for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
a few changes to this great comfort meal, for extra fluffy eggs I added in 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder to the egg mixture and used 2 tablespoons whipping cream in place of the milk and lots of fresh ground black pepper added, thanks for sharing pups!
We had this for breakfast this morning and really enjoyed it. I followed the recipe as directed but added a couple of shakes of and Herbes de Provence herb blend. Thanks puppitypup. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks.