This is a hearty one-dish meal, the perfect comfort food for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Quick to make if you cook the potatoes the night before. or you can microwave them at the last minute, but that changes the consistency a bit.
- In a good-sized frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Pour bacon grease out of pan and add butter.
- Saute onion until soft.
- Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- Chop or crumble the bacon.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over onions and potatoes and add bacon pieces.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set.