Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old family recipe from my SIL. I like to serve this with applesauce. Makes ALOT!!!!
Make and share this Golden Potato Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apple, coarsely shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups about 1 lb. russet potatoes, coarsely shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir in apples*, potatoes*, green onions and cheese.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop potato mixture by level tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Flatten into 1-1/2-inch rounds.
- Pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add more oil as needed.
- Serve warm with syrup or applesauce.
- *TIP: Shredded apples and potatoes can be placed in a bowl of water with 1-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to prevent darkening. Drain thoroughly before using.
These are delish! The lemon juice tip worked a dream. Unfortunately, there was user error and I grabbed too big of a grating disc for the food processor and my potato and apples were too coarsely grated - (didn't have any more eggs to add to hold them together.) but I made some great hash browns with them. The apple adds a subtle sweetness. I'll be making these again!
easy to prepare, and the kids and myself enjoyed this morning. Made recipe as posted except I left out the green onions. Living in "apple country up here we did slightly taste a bit of an apple taste. Nice and easy . Made for 1-2-3 hits
Easy to prepare and delicious to eat. I did do the grating earlier, the lemon juice in water tip works a treat. The apple is not at all an obvious taste, I did wonder if it would be! And the pancakes cooked through nicely, with a nice crispy exterior. Thank you, really enjoyed these! :D