1/3 Photos of Good for You Multi-Grain Pancakes
I love pancakes and try to make them as healthy as possible, keeping them light and fluffy the way pancakes should be! I'm posting this recipe just the way I found it (courtesy of Mr. Breakfast Collection), but made a few quick substitutions for what I had on hand. I used 3 egg whites that I had in the fridge from another recipe. I also made my own buttermilk using skim milk and almost 1 T. lemon juice (let it sit 10 minutes before using). I ended up with 12 good-sized cakes and froze what we didn't eat for quick weekday breakfasts. Top with fruit, real maple syrup, sf syrup or honey...whatever you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten (or egg substitute)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk (or make your own with milk plus lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1Combine beaten eggs, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir well.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, white flour, rolled oats and cornmeal.
- 3Add yogurt, buttermilk and oil (or butter or margarine) to the egg mixture and stir.
- 4Fold in the flour mixture just until blended. Don't overmix!
- 5Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop batter onto a hot, nonstick skillet. (I always spray with Pam.) Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on tops of pancakes. Flip pancakes over and continue cooking one minute longer or until nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good for You Multi-Grain Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 863.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g