1/2 Photos of Good for You Strawberry Waffles
These are so good, no one will ever know how healthy they are. I don't tell anyone! I had extra strawberries and wanted to make waffles with them, but couldn't find a recipe version that I liked, so I tweaked a few and came up with this one. This makes 3 double waffles, which is 3 servings in my house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons natural applesauce or 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1Combine flours, flax seed, Splenda, baking powder and salt into a medium-sized bowl with a whisk. Form a well in the center in preparation of wet ingredients.
- 2Into a blender, place strawberries, milk, applesauce (or yogurt), vanilla and egg and puree until smooth.
- 3Add the wet strawberry mixture to the dry flour mixture and whisk just until all is moistened. Do not overmix.
- 4Spoon about 1/2 cup batter onto preheated waffle iron that's been coated with cooking spray. Cook until done and crispy.
- 5Serve hot with toppings of your choice: we like sugar-free syrup, Cool Whip Free and extra sliced strawberries.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good for You Strawberry Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 256.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: