Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe that is simple and inexpensive to whip up for a large crowd for breakfast. Serve with coffee, toast, maybe some fresh cantelope and your done! Recipe is easily reduced for a smaller crowd or for a romantic breakfast for two. :)
- 12 eggs
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup lean ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tater tots, thawed
- 12 slices American cheese, divided
- 3 slices bacon, cut into small pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, spinach, onion, ham, salt, and black pepper. Gently fold in the tater tots (so as not to break them up too much).
- Pour half the egg mixture into prepared baking dish. Place half the american cheese on top. Pour remaining egg mixture over that. Sprinkle the bacon over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place remaining half of cheese slices on top and bake for 5 minutes more.
This made a really tasty breakfast. I can't buy tater tots or American cheese here so I used cooked potato and cheddar instead. I served this with some toast. Brilliant recipe, thanks!