Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple dish that can be eaten on the way to work or school. Can be made in mass for elegant brunch or breakfast course. Garnish with a sprig of mint or berries.
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, fresh, chopped
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, honey and cinnamon.
- For fancy, use a parfait, sherbet or tall wine glass. On the go a styrofoam cup will do.
- Layer parfait by placing half the granola in the bottom of the glass.
- Add half the strawberries.
- Add half the yogurt mixture.
- Repeat layers one more time.
- Refrigerate until eaten.
Doubled this recipe for the 2 of us & used strawberry yogurt, for a VERY NICE breakfast, along with a cup of hot chocolate! In June when our local strawberries are in season, this will be especially nice! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]