1/1 Photo of Grab 'n' Go Breakfast Cookies
Chef #228980's Note:
Impressive! Here's a fast-food solution that tastes great on get-a-move-on mornings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, dried cranberries or 1 cup cherries or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup banana chips, broken up
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup peanuts or 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup almonds
- 1Turn on the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with shortening. Save until Step 4. Cut up butter with the table knife.
- 2Put butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until butter is creamy. Stop mixer. Add brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until combined, stopping the mixer occasionally and scraping the bowl with a rubber scraper. Stop mixer.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until combined. Put the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir with the wooden spoon. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Stir in oats, mixed fruit bits, banana chips, and nuts.
- 4Scoop the dough with a 1/4-cup measuring cup.* Drop the dough in mounds 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. If necessary, use the rubber scraper to push the dough from the measuring cup. Use your hands to flatten dough on cookie sheet.
- 5Put the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookie edges begin to brown. Use hot pads to remove cookie sheet from oven. Let cookies remain on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Use a pancake turner to move cookies to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough, letting cookie sheet cool between batches or use a second cookie sheet. Turn off oven.
- 6Serve with your favorite fruit-flavored yogurt and orange juice. *NOTE: If you like, use an ice cream scoop that holds about 1/4 cup to scoop the dough.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grab 'n' Go Breakfast Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.2
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 351.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: