1/6 Photos of Grandma B's Super Waffles
This was my grandma's favorite waffle recipe. It has become a family favorite enjoyed on special occasions not only by her grandchildren but great-great grandchildren as well. The clipping is yellow with age clipped I suspect from the local daily paper many many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1note: if you do not have sour milk or buttermilk measure 2 tablespoons vinegar into your 2-cup measuring cup and fill to the two-cup mark with sweet milk and let it stand while you prepare other ingredients.
- 2Sift together: 2 cups all-purpose flour 3 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3Combine: 2 cups sour milk or butter milk 4 eggs well beaten Add the milk and eggs to dry ingredients,beat until smooth with a hand mixer or electric mixer on high speed.
- 4Stir in 3/4 cup melted margarine or salad oil.
- 5Bake in preheated waffle iron until crisp and golden.
- 6Serve with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma B's Super Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 995.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g