Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Probally the first one I have found without wheat in it, great! I will be eating a lot more of this!!!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a 15-by-10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Stir in the brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in the oats, almonds and walnuts.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer in the pan.
- Bake the granola for 12 to 15 minutes or until it is golden brown, stirring twice during the baking process.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool. When the mixture is completely cool, stir in the raisins, dates, apricots and chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container.
I decided to try this recipe because I did not have maple syrup an ingredient called for in most granola recipes. We are watching our food budget too and it came out delicious with only raisins used as a fruit. A huge plus is that only a small serving is enough to feel satiated. The only concern I have is storage because it uses butter, perhaps I should store it in the fridge.
Pixie, Great recipe! I don't know why I have never thought of adding chocolate to something so wonderful. Thanks!