I love granola; sweet and crunchy, it always satisfies a good snack attack. Enjoy this nutritious power packed, grain-free, gluten-free, healthy raw granola with fresh fruit, plain yogurt or as I do, simply by the handful. View the full recipe at http://www.elanaspantry.com/2007/09/11/granola/
- Place nuts and seeds in a large bowl, cover with water and soak overnight.
- Place raisins in a separate bowl, cover with water and soak overnight.
- Place the raisins, along with their soaking water in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a fine mesh metal strainer, drain and rinse the nuts and seeds and discard the soaking water.
- Add nuts and seeds to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, to the consistency of granola, then add vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pulse briefly to incorporate these final ingredients.
- Transfer mixture onto two large parchment lined baking sheets.
- To make live granola, place in the oven on the lowest setting (usually 135 degrees) for 24 hours.
- For instant gratification, bake 45 minutes in the oven at 250 degrees; for this more decadent treat, I sometimes drizzle agave over the granola, or add shredded coconut, currants and other dried fruit.
Now just how GREAT can it get! This recipe makes for a wonderful tasting granola! Followed the ingredient list then used the 45 minute baking time! Then chopped & added two more dried fruits ~ dates & tart Fuji apple chunks (VERY superior to the soft, almost tasteless apple slices)! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]