1/1 Photo of Granola
Elana's Pantry's Note:
I love granola; sweet and crunchy, it always satisfies a good snack attack. Enjoy this nutritious power packed, grain-free, gluten-free, healthy raw granola with fresh fruit, plain yogurt or as I do, simply by the handful. View the full recipe at http://www.elanaspantry.com/2007/09/11/granola/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place nuts and seeds in a large bowl, cover with water and soak overnight.
- 2Place raisins in a separate bowl, cover with water and soak overnight.
- 3Place the raisins, along with their soaking water in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4In a fine mesh metal strainer, drain and rinse the nuts and seeds and discard the soaking water.
- 5Add nuts and seeds to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, to the consistency of granola, then add vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pulse briefly to incorporate these final ingredients.
- 6Transfer mixture onto two large parchment lined baking sheets.
- 7To make live granola, place in the oven on the lowest setting (usually 135 degrees) for 24 hours.
- 8For instant gratification, bake 45 minutes in the oven at 250 degrees; for this more decadent treat, I sometimes drizzle agave over the granola, or add shredded coconut, currants and other dried fruit.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g