Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are the best I've come across. Love them for breakfast!
Make and share this Great Banana Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400º; place liners in 12 muffin cups.
- Coat liners with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in bananas, milk, butter and egg.
- Mix just until blended.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins test done.
Tasty recipe. A banana nut muffin with a little more substance then normal because of the wheat germ. I would make these again.
Very easy to make... vertually no time at all! I like the wheat germ in this recipe. Other Banana-nut Muffin recipe's don't usually call for something this healthy! They taste wonderful too and freeze well!
the only thing i did different was i used up my whole spelt flour in place of the all purpose. i also substituted soymilk. i did not toast the wheat germ, and i used organic brown sugar- that being said...these were AWESOME and very satisfying. just a tip- if your melted butter is VERY HOT- add it in to the dry ingredients first, don't add it in with the wet ingredients- it will scramble your egg. I will make these again and again