Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When my kids were all little they loved Dr. Seuss, and his book Green Eggs and Ham was their favorite. In an effort to get them to eat eggs, I came up with the idea of making 'Green Eggs & Ham' for breakfast. They loved it and would often demand it for breakfast. Just multiple the ingredients by the number of small children you are serving. If the kids are a little older, then you can double serving sizes. This recipe also served as a good 'science experiment' when the kids were learning about primary and secondary colors...after-all, yellow and blue make green! :-) I look forward to the day when I'll be able to make 'Green Eggs & Ham' for my grandkids.
- Crack egg into a small bowl.
- Add milk and blue food coloring.
- Whisk together.
- Add diced ham.
- Pour into preheated and greased skillet.
- Stir a couple times while cooking until water begins to separate from eggs (this is moisture from the milk).
- Serve immediately with hot toast and jelly and juice.
Made this for kids breakfast yesterday morning. They were thrilled!
Since yesterday was St. Patrick's day, I wanted to make some green food and came across this recipe. My family thought I was nuts when I said we would be having green eggs and ham! But there were no leftovers! Fun and easy recipe. Loved it!