This is a wonderful, healthy smoothie from Delicious Living mag. Here's what they say: "When you absolutely need breakfast to go, try this super-powered smoothie. Green tea’s antioxidants help prevent cancers, blocked arteries, and even tooth decay; flax provides healthy omega-3 fats; and berries offer fiber and vitamin C—all served up in a tasty, easy-to-carry form." I adjusted it a bit by adding more flax and some oat bran. My 4 yo loves it too! It's not too thick and not too thin, just right.
- Microwave water on high until boiling, about 45-60 seconds. Add tea bag and steep for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor (or hand blender), combine ground flaxseed, oat bran, berries, yogurt and juice and blend until smooth.
- Squeeze and remove tea bag and add tea to berry mixture, blending until smooth.
- Adjust consistency with additional water, if needed and sweeten with honey, if desired.
- Makes 1 large or 2 small servings.