1/3 Photos of Green Tea Berry Smoothie
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is a wonderful, healthy smoothie from Delicious Living mag. Here's what they say: "When you absolutely need breakfast to go, try this super-powered smoothie. Green tea’s antioxidants help prevent cancers, blocked arteries, and even tooth decay; flax provides healthy omega-3 fats; and berries offer fiber and vitamin C—all served up in a tasty, easy-to-carry form." I adjusted it a bit by adding more flax and some oat bran. My 4 yo loves it too! It's not too thick and not too thin, just right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave water on high until boiling, about 45-60 seconds. Add tea bag and steep for 3 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor (or hand blender), combine ground flaxseed, oat bran, berries, yogurt and juice and blend until smooth.
- 3Squeeze and remove tea bag and add tea to berry mixture, blending until smooth.
- 4Adjust consistency with additional water, if needed and sweeten with honey, if desired.
- 5Makes 1 large or 2 small servings.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tea Berry Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tea bags
frozen mixed berries