Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I searched for a long time to find a breakfast casserole that would give you a serving of veggies and still be delicious (it's the mom in me). The combination of ham, cheddar cheese & broccoli--YUM.
- In a 9x13x2-inch baking dish, put enough of the bread pieces into the bottom of the pan to make a thin layer.
- Make a layer of ham, followed by a layer of broccoli, and then the cheese.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, salt, and dry mustard. Pour over top.
- Toss remaining bread with butter; sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes; cut into squares.
This was way too much breakfast for two of us, so I made a third of the recipe & baked it in an 8" round baking dish, & in a little over half an hour, it was done perfectly! The mustard & the sharp cheddar really made this breakfast for me! Thanks much for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]