For someone who is not fond of quiche....this is pretty darn tasty
Make and share this Hash Brown Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with them melted butter into the plate.
- Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.
- Lower the oven temperatures to 350° and bake for 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.
This is a great recipe. Loved it. I used freshly grated potatoes but will make this again and again.
I have already submitted a review giving this 5 stars. I made it exactly as the recipe states. Wanted to add to my review that the next-day left overs are VERY good. I just made this on Christmas morning and everyone LOVED it!
Made this a couple weeks ago and forgot to rate it...This is a really great recipe! I followed Ratalouille's advise and made them in 2 popover tins. I used southwestern hash browns by simply potatoes. I used 4 eggs, 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos drained, 1 can each of black beans and corn rinsed and drained and left out the meat...these were scarfed down in 20 mins by all! Served it with sour cream and salsa on the side...Yum! Could see so many different things to change this up...asparagus, swiss and ham...etc...Thanks for such a terrific recipe! Will make this many, many times!