1/2 Photos of Hash Brown Quiche
1 hr 5 mins
Team Rocco's Note:
Perfect potato and egg combo! Originally from Paula Dean's kitchen, I reduced the butter and swapped half and half for the cream to make it a bit lower in fat. Use turkey bacon and reduced fat cheese for even more calorie savings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed and drained of excess water)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning salt
- 1Once potatoes are thawed and drained of excess water, combine them with melted butter and seasoning salt. Press into 9 inch pie plate to form a crust, making sure that the sides are even. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- 2While the crust bakes, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring often. Add chopped onion once the bacon begins to brown and cook until soft. Drain bacon and onion mixture onto paper towels and let cool.
- 3Mix together eggs, half and half, cheese, salt and pepper, bacon and onions until well combined.
- 4Pour egg mixture into baked crust and place in 350 degree oven for another 30 mintues until the quiche is golden brown and slightly puffy on top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Brown Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.5
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 473.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: