Are you on a low carb diet? Miss those hash browned potatoes with your eggs in the morning? Here's a great substitute!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely shred zucchini (you should have about 4 cups) and combine with the salt in a medium size bowl.
- 2Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3Squeeze with your hands to press out moisture.
- 4Stir in eggs, cheese, and garlic.
- 5Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 6Mound about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture in pan, flatten slightly to make a patty.
- 7Repeat until pan is filled, but don't crowd patties in the pan.
- 8Cook patties, turning once, until golden on both sides (about 6 minutes.) Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 9Repeat with remaining zucchini mixture and add more butter as needed.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 539.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g