Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is based on Debber's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake that I changed into muffins and made it healthier. It has protein powder that isn't included in the nutritional values, so each muffin has more protein than stated. If using white flour, fill the muffin cups 2/3 full and you will probably get more than 24 muffins.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or Smart Balance oil)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (more if using freshly ground)
- 1⁄4 cup soy protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix wet ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients; mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and granola.
- Pour batter into paper muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. If using whole wheat flour, fill almost full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.