Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to serve these at my bed and breakfast on cool mornings to get my guests started off right. The oatmeal needs to be mixed the night before so plan ahead. It will be worth the wait. It is also great with 1 cup of blueberries added to the syrup for blueberry pecan oatmeal pancakes.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup flour, all purpose
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large mixing bowl, stir oats and buttermilk together. Cover with plastic and refrigerate over night.
- Just before cooking, add the eggs, butter, raisin to oatmeal and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, stir flour, b.powder, b.soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until combined.
- Mix wet ingredients into oatmeal mixture and stir to combine. Add more buttermilk if it is too thick (should look like thick gravy).
- Preheat griddle to 375 degrees. Drop by 1/4 cup measure oatmeal and cook until tops begin to bubble.
- Flip and cook the other side about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat syrup, pecans and butter over low heat until warm.
GREAT, GREAT BREASFAST! I love just about anything with raisins in it, & when combined with the nuts & REAL maple syrup, well . . . And these pancakes were unusual because of the combo of oatmeal & buttermilk, & all to the good! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
Made for My 3 Chefs. These were a nice change from regular pancakes. I've never had pancakes with raisins in them - they were very good. Reminded me of an oatmeal rasin cookie! The syrup was good as well. I love just about anything with maple syrup in it. Thanks for posting this Sherrijax!