i found this recipe on the Precious brand ricotta cheese container in 1975 and have been making them ever since! our friend, Patrick, calls them "heavenly". these are such light, fluffy pancakes that it's hard to stop eating them! i double or triple the recipe for my family of 6.
- Separate eggs and whip whites til soft peaks.
- Set whites aside.
- Mix all other ingredients together thoroughly.
- Gently fold in whites.
- Put 1/4 cup or so on medium hot greased griddle.
- Flatten somewhat with spoon.
- Cook until lightly golden brown and turn once.
- Serve with warm melted butter and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- You can serve with jam, also.