From Outpost Natural Foods. Haven't made it yet, but it looks really good and only 3 g fat per serving!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried apples (dried are better than fresh) or 1⁄2 cup fresh apple, finely chopped (dried are better than fresh)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- Lightly coat a 10-inch skillet with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- Place 3 or 4 paper towles on a plate and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, apples, egg white, oats, parsley and spices.
- Add the ground turkey and mix well.
- Shape mixture in eight 2-inch wide patties.
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until sausage is browned and completely done.
- Transfer patties to paper-towel-lined plate to pat off excess grease.
- Transfer to plates and enjoy with your pancakes or eggs.