1/2 Photos of Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Outpost Natural Foods. Haven't made it yet, but it looks really good and only 3 g fat per serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dried apples (dried are better than fresh) or 1/2 cup fresh apple, finely chopped (dried are better than fresh)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1Lightly coat a 10-inch skillet with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- 2Place 3 or 4 paper towles on a plate and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine onion, apples, egg white, oats, parsley and spices.
- 4Add the ground turkey and mix well.
- 5Shape mixture in eight 2-inch wide patties.
- 6Preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- 7Place patties in skillet and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until sausage is browned and completely done.
- 8Transfer patties to paper-towel-lined plate to pat off excess grease.
- 9Transfer to plates and enjoy with your pancakes or eggs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g