1/2 Photos of Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Outpost Natural Foods. Haven't made it yet, but it looks really good and only 3 g fat per serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml dried apples (dried are better than fresh) or 118.29 ml fresh apple, finely chopped (dried are better than fresh)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 44.37 ml quick-cooking oats
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground sage
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml red pepper
- 226.79 g ground turkey
- 1Lightly coat a 10-inch skillet with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- 2Place 3 or 4 paper towles on a plate and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine onion, apples, egg white, oats, parsley and spices.
- 4Add the ground turkey and mix well.
- 5Shape mixture in eight 2-inch wide patties.
- 6Preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- 7Place patties in skillet and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until sausage is browned and completely done.
- 8Transfer patties to paper-towel-lined plate to pat off excess grease.
- 9Transfer to plates and enjoy with your pancakes or eggs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g