Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've eaten many eggs in my life and no matter where I've been, catered breakfasts, friends, family I have never tasted eggs the way I make them. My family is always telling me they'd rather have mine, so I have finally decided to add my two cents and give some pointers on this simple art. For making eggs I recommend using the oil even though butter tastes better as butter tends to burn off quickly and your eggs will scorch.
- Grease your skillet and raise your flame to high.
- Mix eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drop a tiny drop of egg in pan, if it sizzles up immediately then your pan is very hot and ready.
- Pour the egg mixtue into the skillet and lower your flame to medium high.
- As soon as the edges but no other part of the eggs start to firm up, then use your spatula to push the cooked edges all the way to the center. This should cause the runny eggs to move to the now empty area (you can tilt your pan to help along) and they will start setting as well. Do this several times until the eggs are nearly cooked taking care not to stir the eggs at all (or you'll end up with a scorched overdone mess), only pushing up to the center as they set up at the outer edges.
- When the eggs are only slightly runny still, turn off the flame and flip over the eggs. Remove immediately from the pan before they harden up and lose their creaminess.
- Serve immediately with a little drizzled maple syrup if desired.
i have ben doing variations of this same idea for a long time, and i agree that it is very good and makes people happy:) I like to also add half and half and a little milk which makes a fluffy consistancy that is very tasty. My mother did this when I was a child. Thanks for posting!
I dont really like eggs to begin with-you cannot make me eat them, but my fiance loves them so I tried it and it turned out delicious! I've never in my life tasted eggs like that..man i didnt know what i was missing! Thank you!