1/2 Photos of Hubby's All Time Favorite Sausage Gravy
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
My husband spent some time living down south while he was in the Coast Guard. His all time favorite dish from that area is "Biscuits and Gravy". I tried for 8 years, unsuccessfully, to come up with a version of sausage gravy to satisfy his craving and fond remembrances of "southern" sausage gravy. Until I found this little gem. It's a combination of a few recipes posted in response to a request I made in the 'Zaar "Recipe Request" form last year. I make it with MaryAlice's Baking Powder Biscuits (#87258) every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage and onion in skillet over medium heat.
- 2Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 3Stir flour into sausage and drippings. Cook until golden.
- 4Gradually stir in milk and seasonings.
- 5Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hubby's All Time Favorite Sausage Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.9
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 348.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 38.4 g