Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Huevos Rancheros recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa (pick your strength)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 ounces shredded, hot cheese
- chopped cilantro
- In 10 inch skillet mix beans, salsa, and 1/4 c.
- Heat to boiling.
- Carefully break eggs into skillet on top of bean mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Delicious, quick & easy recipe using ingredients I had in my pantry.
Great recipe! Nice, tasty, and healthy (I think?). We had black bean soup a day or two previously, so instead of the can of black beans, instead we used some of the leftover soup. That added some corn and such to the mix, which was a nice addition as well.
Wonderful way to start the day. We have enjoyed eggs poached in salsa in the past and especially like your addition of black beans and cilantro. We will add this to our list of easy, delcious weekend breakfast foods! Muchas Gracias!