Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is often call Tea Brack because of the soaking of the raisins and currents in tea. The original Brack had only Barm ( a mixture of hops, malt), milk and flour and was made for New Years festivities where pieces of baked loaf would be thrown at the back of the house door to ward off poverty in the coming year. It is between a loaf and a bread in texture. The preparation time does not include the soaking overnight of the raisins & currents
- Soak the raisins and currents in the cold tea overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F and line a 1 lb loaf pan with greased parchment paper.
- Add all the remaining ingredient to the raisins, currents and cold tea.
- Stir well and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for apprx 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through.
- Keeps well in a covered tin.
- Serve buttered.