There's probably nothing Italian about this, except that it uses leftover spaghetti sauce! Different and delicious.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in saucepan or microwave until hot.
- Whip eggs with salt and pepper until well combined.
- Heat butter until melted on medium.
- Turn to medium low, and add egg to pan.
- Cook 1 minute without disturbing.
- Add warmed spaghetti sauce to entire surface, and cheeses and basil to half.
- Cook until the egg is no longer runny (about 2 - 3 more minutes).
- Fold egg over cheese.
- Serve with a toasted bagel or English muffin.
- Variations include the addition of sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, other herbs, etc. Enjoy!
This was simple to make and very tasty. I used dried basil and swiss cheese because I had them on hand. Added crumbled, cooked mild Italian sausage. DH loved it, too. Thanks for a great recipe SilverOpera!
Yummy! This was so simple and good. I used my microwave omelet maker and sauteed a little red bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms to add along with some pepperoni. Very quick and tasty. Thanks SilverOpera. Made for Cookbook Tag.