1/1 Photo of Italian Omelette
There's probably nothing Italian about this, except that it uses leftover spaghetti sauce! Different and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat spaghetti sauce in saucepan or microwave until hot.
- 2Whip eggs with salt and pepper until well combined.
- 3Heat butter until melted on medium.
- 4Turn to medium low, and add egg to pan.
- 5Cook 1 minute without disturbing.
- 6Add warmed spaghetti sauce to entire surface, and cheeses and basil to half.
- 7Cook until the egg is no longer runny (about 2 - 3 more minutes).
- 8Fold egg over cheese.
- 9Serve with a toasted bagel or English muffin.
- 10Variations include the addition of sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, other herbs, etc. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 448.5 mg
- Sodium 699.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g