Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a different tasting quiche, but one that surprises you--kids of all ages love it. Great for potlucks, sleep-overs, or just Saturday dinners.
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sausage
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce with onion
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Brown sausage until thoroughly cooked.
- Chop broccoli florets.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour into the frozen, "deep dish" pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This is so good! My 5y, 3y and 18 m old and my husband and I love it. I omit the crust, and use light olive oil instead of corn oil. I use turkey sausage to make it healthier. It reminds me of pizza. I have made this dozens of times now and it's always a hit and a request. I have also frozen it and then cooked it and that works well. It is one of our favorite recipes. Thanks so much! By the way, the 6 serving quantity always fills up 2 pie plates.
We enjoyed the dish, but felt it could probably use a bit more Italian flavor. Also, had to increase the cooking time an additional 20 minutes. I don't know why it didn't want to set up, as I used the exact amounts of ingredients and cooked it for the time indicated. Overall, not a bad dish. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.