1/2 Photos of Jean's Stuffed French Toast Strata
4 hrs 20 mins
We had this the morning after Christmas. This is another of my MIL's recipes. Gosh...her house smelled wonderful when this was baking. I haven't cooked this recipe myself, but my kids and DH want me to. The Apple Cider Syrup recipe is being posted and I will post it's recipe #. This tastes like it should be served with Cool Whip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb loaf French bread, unsliced, cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk or 2 1/2 cups light cream or 2 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
APPLE CIDER SYRUP (use 1 cup)
- 1Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- 2Cut bread into cubes (you should end up with about 12 cups).
- 3Place half bread cubes in pan.
- 4Top with cream cheese cubes.
- 5Top with remaining bread cubes.
- 6Beat together eggs, milk, melted butter, and maple syrup.
- 7Pour egg mixture evenly over bread cubes and cream cheese.
- 8Slightly press down with spatula to moisten.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- 10When ready to bake, remove plastic wrap and bake in oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 45 minutes or until center appears set and edges are lightly golden.
- 11Top with Apple Cider Syrup. Recipe is posted.
- 12Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jean's Stuffed French Toast Strata
Serving Size: 1 (2193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4062.5
- Calories from Fat 1807
- Total Fat 200.8 g
- Saturated Fat 108.0 g
- Cholesterol 2148.3 mg
- Sodium 4626.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 438.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 152.8 g
- Protein 127.9 g