1/3 Photos of Kiss My Grits Casserole
1 hr 45 mins
We Southerners love our grits. This is an easy delicious casserole that makes a good side dish for dinner, brunch, or breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil.
- 3Add in the soup mix and whisk until blended.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, slowly stir in grits; continue stirring until the consistency is smooth.
- 5Cook and stir grits for 5 minutes or until they are thick and creamy.
- 6Take saucepan from heat.
- 7In a small saucepan or skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 8Saute/stir onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes or until they are softened.
- 9Add onion-garlic mixture to grits; stir to combine.
- 10Add eggs and cheese to grits; stir to combine.
- 11Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- 12Bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour or until set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kiss My Grits Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leek soup mix