Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Most college students in Korea (including myself) buy their meals from street vendors. The food is quick, hot, and cheap! The vendors operate small carts outfitted with little more than a cook top. However, they set up tables and stools for their customers to use. Korean style western is very popular. On weekdays early morning air is filled with the smell of egg sandwiches being cooked on the vendor’s wide girdles. With this recipe you can enjoy one of my favorite foods at home.
- Toast and butter the bread.
- Whisk the egg with a fork, add the cabbage and carrot. Fry the egg in a fry pan or electric girdle. You want to end up with a thin crepe like omelet.
- While the omelet is cooking, spread the brown sugar, ketchup and mayonnaise in the center. Add salt, pepper, and chili pepper or hot sauce to taste.
- Fold the omelet so it will fit on the bread.
- Place the omelet on the bread. For that authentic street vendor look, wrap the sandwich in a foil sheet.