Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The batter can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for 3 weeks, so this can be done ahead of time. This also makes a great gift during the holiday season!
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml dark molasses
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk.
- Combine flour and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to bake. Batter can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
- To bake, spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3rd's full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
This recipe gives great muffins. They look great and they taste great. I reduced the sugar just a little bit. I made half the recipe and filled 12 muffins cup full. My son likes them. They are delicious. Thanks breezermom :) Made for Photo tag game
Great flavor. A great recipe that can be kept in the frig for a few weeks. Made just as directed and didn't frost, they were moist. Made for zaar star tag. Picture coming up.
Great muffins! They were well enjoyed. Made recipe as posted and the kids gobbled and gobbled. I ended up making 2 dozen, and will be repeated as the holidays draw closer. Made for Zaar Stars.