1/4 Photos of Last-Minute Gingerbread Muffins
The batter can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for 3 weeks, so this can be done ahead of time. This also makes a great gift during the holiday season!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2Dissolve soda in buttermilk.
- 3Combine flour and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 4Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to bake. Batter can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
- 5To bake, spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3rd's full.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Last-Minute Gingerbread Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g