Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light, subtle flavor. From "Seasonal Food" by Susannah Blake. Try to find sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, or dry your own tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in 10-inch oven-proof skillet (cast iron or aluminum). Add leeks and cook on medium-low about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and 1 cup parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat broiler to high. Pour eggs over the vegetables in the skillet. Stir to mix.
- Cook on low, scraping bottom of pan toward middle as it sets and letting uncooked egg run underneath. Cook in this manner until bottom is firm but top is still moist (about 10 minutes).
- Place frittata under broiler and cook for about 5 minutes (until frittata is cooked throughout and golden on top).
- Serve in skillet or carefully flip out of skillet, flipping again so it is right-side up. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe received mixed reviews in my house. Men liked it but the women did not. Felt like there was something missing from this recipe.
A very nice light supper. The flavors are great. Instructions are spot on. Served with toast and steamed asparagus. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
We made this when our vegetarian friend came over for dinner, and everyone loved it! We dried our own tomatoes in the oven...this was nice and light, and the flavors went together really well! I LOVE the leeks in this! Will make this again.