1/1 Photo of Lemon Blackberry Muffins
I love lemon anything and these muffins are delicious. The blackberries in the center turn to a jamish layer and a perfect addition. Hope you like them. I use my large muffin tin pan that holds 6 for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray or butter a muffin tin (insides and tops to prevent the muffins from sticking with the puff up) and set aside.
- 3Zest a lemon, and set aside.
- 4Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a measuring cup over a sieve to catch the seeds and pips.
- 5Pour milk into the measuring cup to make up a half cup.
- 6Stir in the zest and vanilla, and then set aside.
- 7Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- 8In a large bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- 9To the lemon and milk mixture, add the egg and whisk to combine.
- 10Next, add the cooled butter and mix well. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix just to combine.
- 11Do not overmix- there may well be lumps but that’s alright.
- 12Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling them halfway.
- 13Sprinkle a few berries in and then continue to fill the muffin tins to the top.
- 14Bake in a 400 F oven for 25 minutes until the tops are springy.
- 15Cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Blackberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 346.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g