Nothing can describe these, they are wonderful. My guys always have these with fresh blueberries, I like them plain but have done then with strawberries and raspberries. The work equally well with any berry. From a travelers website.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and soda.
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, butter and egg yolks.
- Stir in vanilla and zest.
- Whisk milk mixture into flour.
- Let batter rest about 15 minutes.
- Beat 2 egg whites into soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Use about ¼ cup per pancake and drop on preheated griddle or frying pan.
- Cook completely on one side.
- Sprinkle on a few berries then turn to finish cooking.