1/7 Photos of Lemon Cream Scones
I originally found this recipe on the back of a C & H sugar bag. I like it because it has a light lemon flavor without being overly sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir in raisins and lemon peel.
- 3With a fork, stir in cream and enough water until dough comes together into a rough ball.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 to 6 times. Place on a greased cookie sheet and pat into an 8-inch circle.
- 5With a sharp knife, cut halfway through the dough to mark into 12 wedges. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown; remove to wire rack to cool.
- 6Cut into wedges while still warm, or cool completely before cutting.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon curd.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 147.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g