I originally found this recipe on the back of a C & H sugar bag. I like it because it has a light lemon flavor without being overly sweet.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir in raisins and lemon peel.
- With a fork, stir in cream and enough water until dough comes together into a rough ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 to 6 times. Place on a greased cookie sheet and pat into an 8-inch circle.
- With a sharp knife, cut halfway through the dough to mark into 12 wedges. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown; remove to wire rack to cool.
- Cut into wedges while still warm, or cool completely before cutting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon curd.