Lemon Raspberry Muffins Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This was featured on the local morning news.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, oil and lemon juice and zest.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- For Glaze:: Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add milk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze on top of slightly cooled muffins.