1/3 Photos of Lemon Scones, Low Fat
Most scones are loaded with fat, but not these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose )
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or soybean oil )
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup 99% fat-free lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1Heat oven to 400°F Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cardamom or coriander, salt, and the 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 3Drizzle with oil and mix with fork until evenly distributed.
- 4Reserve 1 tablespoon egg whites.
- 5Stir yogurt, lemon peel, and remaining egg whites into flour mixture.
- 6Stir gently with fork until mixture holds together.
- 7Turn onto lightly floured surface.
- 8Knead about 8 strokes to mix dough thoroughly.
- 9Pat out dough to form 8-inch circle.
- 10With sharp knife, cut evenly into 8 wedges.
- 11Arrange wedges, about 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheet. Brush with reserved egg whites.
- 12Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 13Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Scones, Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 302.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free lemon yogurt